Saturday, June 14, 2008

Halfway there, Scott falls to 7th in tight grouping

I haven't received my daily call from the crew yet, but I thought an update was in order. Scott is now well over the halfway mark, so he only has a mere 1,278 miles to go in this 3,000 mile race. He's just entering Missouri.

Apparently Scott has fallen to 7th place after a brief stand at 4th last night. It doesn't appear to be anything to worry about -- there's a pretty tight grouping in the middle. From the RAAM blog:
"Martin Jakob, Julian Sanz Garcia, Franz Preihs and Scott McIntosh are in it thick. These 4 riders will most likely change positions back and forth and all around until the final 200 miles. Sleep breaks, when to charge, when to maintain, will be planned out with the strategy of a high stakes poker game. The way I see it, the top three own their positions and it up to them to lose them but one mental mistake and its all over."
This is where it starts getting fun. I'll report back when I get a check-in from the crew.

No comments: